Super Delicious

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some time soon my garden will look like this, but right now, it's wheezy and last year and blown into by my neighbor's loose-haired ornamental grass. It's stalks of fallen glory. It's crusty hydrangea heads. It's at least one perennial that's acting like an annual.

I've been up since 2:30, and I've written five pages of olive trees and confessions, grapes peeled by an old cook's thumb. I have a few hours before the day's guests arrive. I'm choosing mud and seeing and some super delicious (don't you love that commercial?) outside air.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring comes earlier there. But our trees are budding. I know it'll be May before leaves are fully out, but I still love the sense of coming spring.

Anonymous said...

Spring has already started to make itself known here and the sun has been defrosting my cold and rainy London this past week. On my walk home from work, the cherry blossoms line Bayswater Road along Hyde Park in thousands of little pink explosions, and the daffodils are in full bloom...

lib said...

Spring is slowly making its appearance in Pensacola. Our hydrangeas are teasing us with little buds which will soon be big and beautiful, waiting for the warmth of the season to welcome its beauty. The rosalinda tree is blooming beautiful light pink blossoms and our bottle brush trees, well, are the most beautiful deep red. Ah, Spring, how we anticipate your warmth, your beauty, your loveliness.
Life in the NW part of Florida...it's a pleasure!!

Sherry said...

Nothing compares to fresh spring air. Happy Spring!

Em said...

We bought catnip and mint and portulaca and sunflower seeds this morning. Hopefully, our small deck will be a beautiful garden this summer. I look forward to seeing pictures of your garden in bloom!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP