And then when it isn't white, it's sky

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I don't remember when this day began. Was it with the midnight text message from my son, or the one he sent at 1:08 AM? Was it when I heard him come him an hour later, or when I finally gave up on the possibility of sleep and got up to get client work done? Perhaps we'll call the beginning of this day Zumba at 5:45 AM (or the cha-cha Zumba around 6:10, or the Charleston jive twenty minutes on).

Or let us say, instead, that this day had no beginning.

But look: Just look at its spectacular end.

As if someone were painting the sky just for me.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It WAS an incredible sunset tonight, wasn't it? I have a similar type of photo that I was just thinking about posting, too.

Once again, you have inspired.

Mari said...

Beautiful picture. Zumba. What a fun way to start your day. I have my class tomorrow at 5:30. And since I missed my tap class on Tuesday I am ready for some dancing.

Elizabeth Mosier said...

I was sitting outside the girls' voice lesson tonight watching this beautiful sunset, a routine thing in Arizona, but here, such an unexpected gift!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Smiling at that gorgeous sunset. I know the worry of staying up late over my daughter. I can sympathize. And sorry it doesn't get any easier when they're adults. I think, I worry more now. (Hugs)Indigo

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fabulous sunset. And so lucky that you always have your camera at the ready.

Kelly H-Y said...

I hope all is well with your son. That was a lovely way to end the day. I took a similar photo last week of a sunrise ... such vivid colors!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP