Elif Batuman and Lilian Natel: Up Next

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

After reading this Dwight Garner-penned description of Elif Batuman's "The Possessed" in the New York Times today, who would not want this book? I want this book. I'm going to get it.

Elif Batuman’s odd and oddly profound study of her favorite Russian authors is also an exploration of the question: How do we bring our lives closer to our favorite books?

However: I am going to read Lilian Natel's The River Midnight first. She's an impeccable blogger/thinker/writer. I've been waiting a long time to curl up with her book.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the introductions, Beth!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I just got an advance copy of Yann Martel's upcoming book so I'm hoping to start on that tonight. Did you ever read Life of Pi?

Becca said...

I think you're going to love The River Midnight. It's quite an epic.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP