Deciding on Berlin

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It will be our first real vacation in three years, and it has taken us months to decide how we'll use our six June nights in a foreign place.  Budapest was high on our list, then Marakesh, then Turkey. We toyed with southern Spain, with Sicily, with Rome. We were making reservations in Croatia when we stopped: Why not Berlin?  I wrote to Paul, my friend who knows and loves Berlin, who teaches it and writes of it. Stay in Mitte, he said.

And so we will. We are, at last, going somewhere that is not here. I will take my camera; I will see. If any of you Berlin travelers have recommendations, I am all ears.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Britta said...

Dear Beth,
Carol-Ann (from Raining Acorns)just contacted me. Husband and I are living in Berlin since Mid-November 2010 - if you want to contact me and have questions the best way will be over my website comment function on www.brigittahuegel.de
Best wishes Britta

Susan Scheid (Raining Acorns) said...

Britta writes wonderful stories about Berlin on her blog, by the by. You couldn't ask for a better tour guide!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP