a moment from the past, two National Book Awards nights

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I try not to look back too often—try always to press forward.  But this morning, while looking for a photo of Alane Salierno Mason to accompany my Publishing Perspectives profile, I came across others that have, quite frankly, set me back today with memories.

From left to right, in the first photograph above, Yaffa Eliach, who was nominated in the nonfiction category with me for There Once Was a World; Patty Chang Anker, my publicist and still friend; Louise Brockett, the lead publicist for W.W. Norton; my agent, Amy Rennert; myself; and Alane.

The second photo, which makes me cry, really cry, when I look at it, is of Patty and me.  There was so much emotion in that moment.  There was so much that I did not know, and still don't.

There.  I'll start looking ahead again, come tomorrow.

1 comments:

Patty Chang Anker said...

Oh Beth, I'm all misty now, too! I was, in that moment, so proud of you, so happy that the world saw what we in that picture all knew - your inner strength, your beauty as a person, a mother and a writer. And guess what? I still feel the same way!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP