Talking about William from Dangerous Neighbors

Friday, February 17, 2012

For much of last year I worked on a book that took me deep inside the world of 1871 Philadelphia—the clank of Baldwin machines, the boats on the Schuylkill, the innards of Eastern State Penitentiary, the rattle of a newsroom, the world of William, first introduced in Dangerous Neighbors.

I wrote a book.  My husband made drawings.  And then I stood back and thought.  What next?

Today I am having a preliminary meeting about this book of mine, this character I love, this Philadelphia to which I will always be true.  I don't know what will happen, but I do know this:  Sometimes we have to step away to know what it is we should be stepping toward.

7 comments:

Serena said...

I adore William and cannot wait to know MORE about him and his world.

Melissa Sarno said...

Ooh, good luck at the meeting. Remember, I'm ready to go digital with it! ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustration--I hope that all goes as well as it could.

Amy said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes well. :)

patti.mallett_pp said...

Will await good news, for it surely will come (if not now, then soon)!

Sherry said...

What a double treat: your story accompanied by your husband's illustrations. Can't wait, Beth!I hope the meeting went well.

Unknown said...

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to hear what comes of this. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP