The Philly.com Interview by Allie Caren, a lovely S.I. Newhouse Student

Friday, August 17, 2012

I have had this image of the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications (Syracuse University) read to rock and roll for Allie Caren, who has been interning at the Philadelphia Daily News this summer, all week long.  Allie and I met on a warm day in the new Philadelphia Inquirer building a few weeks ago, and we've enjoyed a correspondence ever since then.  Between the time and I met her and the time her profile of me was published (today), a very big thing has happened to Allie:  She's been accepted to S.I. Newhouse, the premier communications school in the country, my son's alma mater, and also the alma mater of my Philomel publicist, Jessica Shoffel.  All good things, then, at Newhouse.

Allie, a million thanks for this story—for taking an interest and for telling it so well.  And sweeping good luck to you as you now enter the school of your dreams.

1 comments:

KFP said...

My beloved alma mater as well.

Excellent interview, Allie, I can tell you will excel at Newhouse.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP