City of Light: a link to my Inquirer essay on resurgent Philadelphia

Sunday, October 21, 2012


Every now and then you find a home for the stories you love to write, and I have found that home recently at the Inquirer, with an occasional piece in the Sunday Currents section.  Today my story on Philadelphia runs with four of my photographs.  Here are two others, in color.  Our city, alive.

The story begins like this:
Resurgent Philadelphia is cinched with light. Walking, you'll find the sun smacked up against the Drake, and the eyebrow of the moon hooking the Schuylkill during its ascent to higher sky. You'll find a pinker dawn behind the lonesome hawks and a fringe of gold on the window-box flowers, hung like so many pairs of drapes on Delancey, Spruce, and Pine.

1 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Beautiful essay. It makes me want to visit the city and the river. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP