My City, My River, early afternoon, after the worst was behind us

Tuesday, October 30, 2012


We returned our son to the city in the early afternoon.  His apartment had power.  Our house did not.  On the way back, I snapped these photos of the river that I love—high and deep grey blue.

I am in awe of nature.  I am grateful that when the sky lit up last night and the winds howled heinously the three ancient trees that fell in these parts hurt no one.  I am grateful for the men in bright orange jackets who stood in ladder buckets minutes ago and got us back to heat and light.

I am thinking of those who are not as fortunate. I am thinking of our Jersey Shore.

5 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

Yes. All that and more - I feel sure. Thanks for sharing, Beth. We've wondered. And worried. xo

Mari said...

Glad you and your family are safe and warm.

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Oh yes! The video from the Jersey Shore and lower Manhattan is devastating. It's going to be a long, expensive cleanup.

And my heart goes out to the more than 40 people who've died in this storm.

Sarah Laurence said...

I'm relieved to see you are well if lacking power. Take the time to read an old fashioned book by the window. Maine was not hit so hard but we know the pain of power loss all too well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, poignant photos. Thank you!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP