Summer Reading (and last day for the HANDLING contest)

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

With work on the first draft of my last novel now done, I can, as I mentioned a few days ago, turn to the piles upon piles of books that have been waiting for me. (As well as all the titles I've downloaded on my iPad.)

Recently I have shared my thoughts on Caroline Leavitt's Is This Tomorrow, Katie Haegele's White Elephants, Chloe Aridjis's Asunder, Jessica Keener's Night Swim, Marie Semple's Where'd You Go, Bernadette?, Susan Tekulve's In the Garden of Stone, and Elizabeth Graver's End of the Point.    

Throughout the next few months, you'll be hearing from me on books like the following:

Someone, Alice McDermott
The World is a Carpet, Anna Badkhen
It's Not Love, It's Just Paris, Patricia Engel
Still Writing, Dani Shapiro
Country Girl, Edna O'Brien
Reality Boy, A.S. King
The News from Spain, Joan Wickersham
Norwegian by Night, Derek Miller
Grace Before Dying, Lori Waselchuk
River of Dust, Virginia Pye
Perfect Red, Jennie Nash
Behind the Beautiful Forevers, Katherine Boo
Yesterday's Weather, Anne Enright
Some Nerve, Patty Chang Anker
Margot, Jillian Cantor


I'll also be sharing thoughts on a number of classic memoirs.

Speaking of which: Today is your last day to enter to win my last copy of Handling the Truth. The details are here.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for some ideas to add to my summer reading list.

I just started Eight Girls Taking Pictures by Whitney Otto, and it strikes me as a book you would enjoy. Have you read it?

Ann Green said...

Teaching Behind the Beautiful Forevers in the fall b/c it was great! I look forward to hearing what you think!

Melissa Sarno said...

Uhoh. The more Beth reads, the larger Melissa's To Read list grows. But. This list looks wonderful : )

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP