Give yourself time

Monday, July 28, 2014

We saw the brown bear from the boat's prow. We saw it watching us. It seemed in need of a good grooming (weren't we all, at that point?) and hungry (we were not).

I think of that bear now, these few weeks past our Alaska excursion. All alone on a rocky shore, turning the stones with its nose, looking for sustenance, finding only us at an unavailable distance.

At the close of one project and another chapter, I will soon be turning stones, too. In the meantime, I am happy to feel the breeze, to think without hurry, to explore quietly.

Give yourself time, Beth, my father says.

Three simple words.

The right ones.

3 comments:

Serena said...

we all need that time. poor bear. I hope he found food.

Melissa Sarno said...

Something I need to hear these days too. Or always need to hear. Thank you and your wise father.

The1stdaughter said...

Very wise indeed. If only I took the same advice more often. We all need that. Time. xoxo

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP