Thanking my Lucky Stars

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Clearly, I've already said much too much today.

Except there's this: I have two extraordinary women and bloggers to thank for noticing the work that I seek to do here, the stories I try to tell with images and words.

First, might I thank Barbara, whose beautiful, thought-provoking blog was the subject of last Sunday's New York Times article on "slow blogging." I was moved by Barbara's comments in the story, logged onto her blog, discovered the value of her mind, and said something. She took the time to visit me here, and to mention my work on her site. I thank her.

Then, last night or this morning (I didn't sleep; this day has blurred), I discovered somehow (I really don't know how) that a clearly generous, quite popular, and talented blogger soul named Amy had mentioned my blog on her site.

Well, what can you do, when the heavens open up and sweetness rains down?

One thanks one's lucky stars. And the stars themselves.

Speaking of stars—this photo montage was created by my artist husband/business partner years ago, when I was working on a novel that takes place in southern Spain. Something Lenore posted a while ago has me thinking about that novel again. I have something I'd like to write into it. And I just might.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Beth! I made my way here, via Amy's blog, and must commend her for her wonderful taste and you for composing such a beautiful blog! I look forward to following you in the future. :-)

Best,
Lisa
--
Lisa Roe
Online Publicist

lroe@onlinepublicist.net
http://onlinepublicist.net
http://twitter.com/OnlinePublicist
--

Beth Kephart said...

Hello, Lisa. And thank you. Amy has such a gracious following, and I do feel lucky to be embraced by you, through her.

Amy said...

You are so kind! I ordered your book House of Dance today. Can't wait to read it. :) (this post gave me courage to comment...I get intimidated sometimes on new to me awesome blogs)

Beth Kephart said...

Amy, you must be kidding. You are the kind one, and I feel terribly privileged (truly) to be written into your world today.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Love the photo montage. I really would like to read your Spain book someday :)

Em said...

You have one talented family there, Beth Kephart. :-)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP