Revisioning

Thursday, January 22, 2009

On finding the energy to remake one's own book...

And thanking that most remarkable Anna Lefler, who graced my life with J. Crew before the whole nation was clamoring for Crew, sent me flowers that still sit here, whole, and remarked on 36 pages of a newly made book with the words I absolutely needed just then.

And I'm thanking you, too, Miss Jill Santopolo. Despite the fact that our ships cross in the night, and also because of it. (And also despite the fact that you own better shoes than I ever will. But we knew that. For years we did.)

8 comments:

Sherry said...

So exciting. Stories need time, don't they? I know publishers don't often want to give that, but it seems like the books that open up to full bloom have been tended for quite awhile. Have fun!

Beth Kephart said...

Sherry. Our lives take time. We can't imagine that we know our characters so quickly.

Thank you for your forever cheering presence here.

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you for the inspiration! And I'm so glad you're looking at it again!

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, boy, what a treat that was to spend some time with those delicious characters...and to experience your art through them. My pleasure entirely...

You are an inspiration in so many ways, Beth... Thank you for sharing those pages with me...

XO

Anna

Anna Lefler said...

And (DUH!) THANK YOU for the shout-out.

You honor me, friend.

XO

Anna

Unknown said...

Oh, next time you come to Manhattan, we should make time for shoe shopping. Dig through the sales and find the loveliest ones, and then galavant around town together, instead of just passing in the night as we work on our projects and type our words in our separate cities.

poetjanes said...

Thanks for this heartening reminder--just what I needed to hear!

Beth Kephart said...

Jill: And mojitos on me.

Jane: The breakthrough happens. We just have to be on alert.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP