On Air

Monday, February 2, 2009

There was a moment, over the weekend, when my desk was clear, my mind was free, and the sun was shining. I started out with my camera, thinking I'd go around the block. Soon I was down by the bend in the road, the old church, the ancient cemetery, the wide open field and the cove where the bees do their work in summer. I kept going—now along the skinny, jagged road where no pedestrian has any rightful business being, now by the necklace of slushing-in-the-sun ponds, now alongside the flock of geese, which didn't mind me for a moment.

I could have walked all day and wanted to.

No wind whipped.

No questions were asked.

I searched for nothing and goodness was found.

6 comments:

kristen spina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PJ Hoover said...

I thought your desk was always clear. And have you posted pics of the ancient cemetery?

Beth Kephart said...

PJ, I fear it is true: During my 15 hour work days (corporate work) clutter appears. I bat it away, when I can.

Thank you, Maya. Hoping February is a better month for you.

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, fabulous. That sounds like it was an amazing walk. The perfect weekend activity after a hectic week...

Yum

XO

Anna

Sherry said...

It really is nice when you take me on these walks. Thank you.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP