The Nothing but Ghosts Trailer

Monday, April 6, 2009


Nothing but Ghosts is a work of fiction, but its landscape was inspired by the glorious pleasure gardens of Chanticleer—an international treasure that happens to breathe and bloom ten minutes from my home. I shot the trailer footage yesterday, in sixty-degree weather, under blue skies.

This morning, while finishing my work on the piece, I did something I tend to do most mornings, which is to check in on Chasing Ray, a most extraordinary book blog. There, in a piece about books Colleen Mondor has been reading while on vacation with her son, I found her early impressions of Nothing but Ghosts. I am deeply moved by her response and hopeful that the book carries her through to an ending she believes in.

21 comments:

Anna Lefler said...

Oh, that's fantastic. You've put everything - images, music, your narration - together so well.

I love the mood you've created...the sense of anticipation.

Bravo!

XO

A.

Anonymous said...

That was a really nice boost on Chasing Ray.

Emily Ruth said...

*watches trailer over and over*

Maya Ganesan said...

Oh my goodness! What a trailer! It's mysterious and beautiful - just like NBG. I'm in the mood for a replay. And another one. And another.

Em said...

I just watched it with sound! It's even more beautiful when combined with your words. ;-)

Vivian Mahoney said...

This is wonderful! I can't wait until the book comes out!

Q said...

I need to read this book!

Sherry said...

Wow. I echo Anna L.

So exciting to hear Chasing Ray's first thoughts!

This is The Book I'm most looking forward to reading this summer.

Sherry said...

The publisher is putting this on their website, right?

It needs to be!

Amy said...

You set such a beautiful mood with that Beth!!

I can't wait to read it.

Priya said...

Awesome trailer! If I hadn't read the book already, I would want to read it now.

Beth Kephart said...

Oh, it's sweet to hear from all of you. Next trailer, I'm a getting me a tripod. You can only do the Blair Witch approach once, methinks!

the story siren said...

wow! chills and what beautiful images!

Melissa Walker said...

oh, i can't wait! will you do a cover story?

Becca said...

Haunting and beautiful, as I'm sure the book will be. Mine is on order~ I can't wait :)

Tessa said...

Perfect, absolutely perfect.

Test said...

That was amazing, Beth! :)

poetjanes said...

Just gorgeous camera work here, Beth. May it bring big-hearted dreamers and readers your way...

Nancy said...

Ohhh that is a good video...it definately sets a chilling mood. Eeps

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP