The Main Line Writer

Friday, July 17, 2009

Every now and then, I have the chance to sit down with an emerging writer, and a week or so ago, I had that privilege with a beautiful young woman (and recent Radnor High graduate) named Caroline Goldstein. Caroline and I sat at Chanticleer and talked about books and life, about the blurred lines between fiction and truth, about the power of place in the books I write, and about many other things.

Today, Caroline's story about Nothing but Ghosts and other Main Line endeavors appears in Main Line Suburban Life, and she's done an immaculate job (they teach those writers well at Radnor). The story makes me doubly happy, for it features a photo taken by my talented friend, Mike Matthews (photo not available online). It makes me triply happy because it brought me back in touch with Sam Strike, who is a dear out here where I live and a wonderful mentor to younger writers.

In any case, I hope to see some of you this evening at the Doylestown Bookshop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get encouragement when I was young, so I like to correct that when I get the chance for others.

Sherry said...

Have a wonderful evening, Beth.

septembermom said...

I'm sure that Caroline was thrilled to sit down and talk with you! I wish I could come and see you at Doylestown. Have a wonderful evening!

woman who roars said...

I hope the reading went well!

Becca said...

I wish I could have been there to hear you read ~ I hope it was wondeful.

Melissa said...

I hope it was a wonderful evening, Beth. Is Pat Gerney still the owner? If so, I knew her many years ago when we worked together. - Melissa

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP