Those who remain: A Nothing but Ghosts review

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I photographed this child just as the sun was breaking over the beach in Hilton Head. She was running away; I knew I'd not see her again.

Sometimes it happens like that—a person enters your mind space, and then they drift away. Sometimes we are lucky, and they stay. I met Melissa of The Betty and Boo's Chronicles electronically, as I have met many of you. We became virtual friends. Months ago, I gave a talk at a local library; she went out of her way to come, to be there in person. She stood there waiting (and I still cringe when I think of how long she waited) for me to sign her books, and even after that, she stayed in touch.

Today she brings me the gift of a Nothing but Ghosts review that made me cry when I read it. That's all I'm saying.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I can see why you cried - Melissa's review is stunning!

Melissa said...

Aww ... it was my pleasure. Glad you liked it, Beth. Thank you (and Bermudaonion and Beth F., too).

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP