Making Music: The readergirlz writing contest

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

This is a reminder to you under-25 writers out there about the readergirlz writing contest that is now up and running. Please visit the readergirlz author-in-residence site to watch a brief video that features yours truly talking about the importance of vulnerability in writing. The contest prompt is described below. The winning work will be posted on this blog.

"I believe that the stories that touch us are written by authors who remain vulnerable to the world - who leave themselves open to the raw wounds and the glorious possibilities of yearning, outreach, and hope. Watch the video, then write no more than ten lines of poetry or prose expressing a fully lived emotion. Send your entry to kephartblog AT comcast DOT net by September 25th, 2009. The author of the winning ten lines will receive a signed copy of Undercover, a novel about a young, aspiring poet who discovers the beauty that lives within her."

4 comments:

kristen spina said...

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be under 25 again, for oh so very many reasons...

Melissa Walker said...

I'm wishing I could enter too. I love your video, Beth!

manoj said...


Indie

This is the first time I’ve read about this. I keep learning new things everyday!

Maya Ganesan said...

What a cool contest! Of course, as I already have UNDERCOVER (thanks to your amazing generosity), I won't be entering, but that's such a neat idea to get younger writers involved.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP