Howl

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The winds howl here, fierce and fearsome. The mind hunts for words that do not wish to be found. There is Zumba in the morning, Brenda dancing the ache out of our souls. There is my son sending a text: He has gotten a haircut; just the same, but shorter. There is Reiko in Brooklyn and me here, and our long, we-take-it-everywhere conversation by phone; when I punch the end key, I think (like I always think) about how much I love Reiko, how much her friendship means to me. She'll read a book you wrote, to choose a single example, and take the time to find the extra that's and the's.

I said that I wanted to write a poem.

I lived one instead.

6 comments:

Priya said...

I think you've just inspired me to write a poem :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

You have such a way with words...

Beth F said...

Sigh. Lovely. Reminds me of why I like to work with words.

Hull.Margaret said...

I so much enjoy reading your post.
Thanks
Penny

septembermom said...

You know the power and suggestiveness of words. There are poems all around us waiting.

Ravenous Reader said...

You did write a poem...just there in this post :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP