Appreciations

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

When I write of the chimes that float down toward my mother's grave, I am writing of the music that emanates from this church, Washington's Cathedral at Valley Forge National Park. On Christmas Eve, after spending time by my mother's grave, my son and I entered the stone church and sat. We were the only ones there, the sun enriching the stained glass.

I close this year with the quality of reverence that a place like this cathedral stirs within me. I have been moved beyond measure by the goodness of the many of you who have become frequent travelers to this blog. You have elevated a quiet career into one blessed by fellowship, intrigue, humor, and succor. You have shared your own stories, debated my tastes with diplomacy, gone off in search of titles I've recommended and come back with your own impressions. Though I no longer respond here to your comments (preferring to travel to and comment on your own blogs when I can), I cherish every one of them, as I cherish you.
My deepest thanks to those of you who are mentioning my blog in your year-end round-ups. You know how much that means. You know how it matters to have someone to write to and for.

7 comments:

Jinksy said...

Here's to a Happy New Year wandering through the delights of Blogland, then!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I have enjoyed the journey of this year with you and look forward to what next year brings.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Such a wonderful photo. Happy New Year to you.

septembermom said...

It's a blessing to know you. I'm sending you hugs too, dear friend. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Becca said...

Reading your words and sharing the thoughts of your heart has been a blessing for me in a year when blessings were badly needed.

Thank you :)

lib said...

Beth, Happy New Year 2010!!
Enjoy all the goodness and blessings this new year brings.
Love, Libby

Beth F said...

I have loved getting to know you this year. That church is beautiful, I will have to stop in next time I'm visiting my in-laws (near Norristown).

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP