Camera Ready, Travel Prepared

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I have a new camera—something sweet, small, and hot pink. Portable, plane-able, willing to travel with me. It's a Sony, because I'm loyal to Sony, and it's all charged, plugged in, and awaiting: Barnes and Noble Educator's Day, Fox Cities Book Festival, Philadelphia Book Festival, Children's Book World (thank you, Libby Mosier), Book Expo (unveiling Dangerous Neighbors!), Book Bloggers Convention (meeting so many of you), Rutgers-Camden Summer Writers' Conference (I'm teaching fiction), the ALA in Washington, DC.

I travel light. I bring my stories. I've got a camera to help me hold onto it all.

I'm not a shopper. I'm always here at my desk. Today was an adventure.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not a shopper either, but I just bought a big camera! I still carry my small one in my purse.

Melissa said...

Had to smile at this post because my camera is charging as I type. Headed to Baltimore this weekend for a conference with 4,000 others who do what I do for a living.

Looking forward to seeing you again at Book Bloggers Con ... not sure if I will make it to the Philly Book Festival after all. (Work calls ....)

e said...

Yay, I am looking forward to seeing pictures from your new camera of all of these events!
I just finished reading "EIn Sonnenstrahl im Leben" (the German translation of "A Slant of Sun"). I really liked it! It was funny, imagining you speaking German :)

Maya Ganesan said...

Enjoy all your travels! Sounds like a lot of fun. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP