He calls

Friday, April 30, 2010

and tells me the day's stories.  An afternoon of playing blind shoe shuffle with third-grade kids.  A good meeting with the graphics TA.  An evening spent listening to a friend play saxophone, in a building that sits high on a hill, Hogwarts style.  A note of thanks from his TV crew team (affixed to a bag of candy).  It's after ten, and the day's not done—he'll go to the gym, he says, and work out.  He'll finish a paper. He's about to call a friend. 

I love your right now, I say.  I love this very instant.

Yeah, he says, and laughs, but Mom:  I've really got to run.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm sure that was the highlight of your day!

pink dogwood said...

I love hearing about this mother-son exchange

Anonymous said...

I hope my kids call like that when they're your son's age.

grete said...

Oh Beth -

My comment is really just this, oh Beth.......and then this - the gift of a son, or sons.....

The word Thank You cannot contain it all. Yet it must......

Grete

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP