Thoughts on the Book Blogger Convention, and special thank you's

Monday, May 31, 2010

We spoke of many things at the Book Blogger Convention on our author/blogger relationship panel.  I learned a lot from my fellow panelists, Nicole [Linus's Blanket], Amy [My Friend Amy], Bethanne [The Book Studio], Kristi [The Story Siren], and Caridad Pineiro [Caridad Pineiro's Blog].  Transparency and respectfulness were two recurring themes.  So was the need to blog not with an eye on gain, but with an eye toward community.  I spoke of my respect for bloggers who take time to read books, take time to craft their opinions, take time to share those opinions with the world.  I revealed my recurring worry that there are bloggers out there who have been kind to my books and that I, the author who does not Google Alert herself, does not know and has not said thank you.

Today an angel whispered in my ear, You may want to check out these two blogs, Books and Movies and You've GOTTA read this!.  I did, and may I now say, publicly, thank you, to both the angel and these two generous readers of The Heart is Not a Size.  I learned from both reviews, as I always do, and they are particularly helpful to me today as I turn my attention to a scene in a book that features horses.  Write longer, one urges.  (I am trying.)  Stay focused on the root of people.  I am working on that, too. Thank you both, so much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, Beth. I'm so glad.

Priya said...

I'm so happy for you! And horses in a new book... I'm looking forward to reading that one too. :)

Caridad Pineiro said...

I had a great time at the convention and it was so nice meeting you! I loved the discussion that we had about the relationship between authors and bloggers. It does take respect and appreciation of what bloggers do for us to keep things working!

Beth F said...

Two great blogs and smart bloggers. Wish I could have stayed for the convention.

bermudaonion said...

I'm so sorry our paths didn't cross while we were in New York. I am happy that I did manage to snag a copy of Dangerous Neighbors, though!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP