Let them live

Friday, June 4, 2010

One of the many things I love about where I live is that we let each other be.  When Bruce Springsteen, for example, would come to the Devon Horse Show (his daughter rides), he'd go in and out of the shops—unmassed, unbothered, just a dad with a daughter in a show.  Carson Kressley (of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" fame), likewise, comes to the show each year and is given room, not simply to wend his way through the crowds, but to compete, as he did, on this gorgeous (winning) horse last night. We all know who he is.  We don't get in his way.  He brings seriousness and skills to the ring.

I like being a part of a place that allows people the space to live out and to live wide. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs that kind of space. It's good that they can find it there.

woman who roars said...

Amazing shots of Carson riding - had no idea he did.

Beth F said...

I agree -- I can't imagine how hard it must be to not have one's privacy and space. I had no idea that Carson competed.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP