Of iguanas and parrots

Monday, July 5, 2010


Between tropical downpours and gale-ing winds, we walked through the Botanic Gardens, encountering these blue-faced iguanas, who were out in search of sun.  It is a raw place, an island upon which the legacy of a once-ago hurricane is still read in the twist of palm trees and the discouraged fronds.  Cayman parrots, high in trees, depart in arresting twosomes of brilliant green and beak orange.

In my mind, all this time, I am reconfiguring a novel.  Finding my way back in.  There are editors who care.  There is an editor who has asked.

2 comments:

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Beth, it's wonderful that you keep such good concentration no matter what you do. I wish you success on your book.
I'm doing some blog housekeeping and noticed that your name was left off of my blogs I follow list. Did you change your blog address or name? I'm adding you again and I apologize if you noticed you were missing and thought I deleted you. I value your writing and enjoy reading your books.

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful. I love the iguana!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP