Beth, the naif

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So there I was, working through my emails, when one floated in from a trusted friend who wants to help me celebrate the release of Dangerous Neighbors, which is slated for an August 24th release.  Perhaps we should delay the celebration until the 26th or so, she suggested, due to the other (she was being uber nice and threw in that kind word, other) big YA release coming out on the 24th.  

Do you want to know how dumb I am?  Do you?

I did not know to which book she was referring.

That's how dumb I am.

I think I should spend more time inside air-conditioned rooms.

5 comments:

Amy said...

aw you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Also, LOST the complete series on DVD releases the same day. Only the good stuff on August 24th! :)

Unknown said...

Here's my take as a bookseller on that thought (and I'm guessing you're talking about Mockingjay). Thousands of teens are going to be visiting their nearest bookstore on August 24th to pick up Mockingjay and those thousands of teens will most likely also browse the shelves when they are in the store, so it's actually a great thing to share a release date. That means that your book will be on the shelf and in some stores, like mine, featured on a display. So pat yourself on the back for all the exposure that you're getting! :)

KFP said...

Add me to the naif list. I didn't know either.

Serena said...

I think you should celebrate your release on the release date. It's your day. Ignore that other YA book...hey, who knows, maybe Mandy is right and you'll get extra sales.

Julia said...

In this case, I enjoy gentler journeys, rather than arenas filled with people at each other's throats. Don't be hard on yourself. I hadn't the slightest idea either. I browse shelves when I browse shelves, and that's about it.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP