Boot Talk

Monday, August 16, 2010

I was thinking about Caroline Leavitt when I found these boots in a Lambertville store. But I've been also thinking, lately, about the un-anticipate-able nature of the writer journey, how little we know when we journal our first free sentences or write our first poems or say to someone, I'll be a writer.  I knew nothing; I knew no one; I know but a few things; I love who I know.  I couldn't see it coming, all the way back then, could not imagine now.

I only knew:  I cannot live without the strut and sound of words.

3 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Cowboy boots play a major role in the story I am telling now. It threw me for a loop to see this photo and your words this morning. Perfect. Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the boots, and I love your last line.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Beautiful boots and words. To create is like the need to breathe. I'm lost if I can't write, paint or sing a little tune. xx

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP