My Husband's Art

Sunday, August 29, 2010


Some of you know that my husband suffered a rather unfortunate injury to his left hand this summer, a tendon/ligament-slicing series of cuts that necessitated surgery, patience, and healing calm.  Somehow or other, though, with elbows standing in for fingers, and a clunky cast weighing down the Option key (this, at least, is how I imagine things), he's been back in his studio, telling whole stories with a single frame of digital art.  I'm rarely privy to Bill's process or his results, and this image, too, he cautions, is not nearly done.  But I love it, and I have gained his approval to share it on this blog, and so I do, with a simple title:  My Husband's Art.

14 comments:

Sarah Stevenson said...

Wow! Fantastic. I didn't know your husband was an artist. (Mine is, too!)

Lorie Ann Grover said...

I love this, Beth! Bravo! Thanks to him for the creation and letting you share it.

The1stdaughter said...

Wow Beth! He communicates through art the way you do with words. Just gorgeous. Thank you so much to you both for sharing!

Beth F said...

I love this. His work reminds me of Shaun Tan (I don't mean it's derivative). I have no idea what style or school that is, but I am very attracted to it.

bermudaonion said...

Oh, I love it too! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Julia said...

What a beautiful painting.

holly cupala said...

That is gorgeous, Beth! Thanks to your husband for sharing. I love how the tree looks like a hand with stunted fingers, and yet there is life growing out of them. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--thank you and your h for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I love the illustration- Thanks for sharing it. I don’t know what the image is for but it conjures up a whole story of hope and creation of something totally improbable that through sheer faith comes to life. I love that the lonely figure wears a little peak of a red vest under his somber clothes that makes it seem like he is still full of hope and love in a tragic time and that he pours out that love (via the matching red hose) into the totally implausible plant (that looks vaguely hand like?!) Anyway- that’s the story I see!

Sherry said...

I love this, too. He's a terrific artist and storyteller.

septembermom said...

I love it Beth. There's a quiet drama in this piece that is quite compelling. Amazing.

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow ... he is really talented. It's beautiful. So sorry to hear of his injury.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP