Dangerous Neighbors: The Cecelia Bedelia review

Friday, September 17, 2010

The other day, my husband was driving us along in his jalopy (well, it's not really a jalopy; it just feels that way) when I spied a circa 1920s, lemon-toned vehicle puttering up behind us.  It made me happy, this open-to-the-sky old timer—because it exists, because it was and no doubt will again be driven on a blue, blue day.

Yesterday I was doing what I do (which is to say, I don't remember exactly what) when Jenny wrote to suggest that I take a look at the Cecelia Bedelia review of Dangerous Neighbors I clicked and dialed in, and I felt blue skies above me, a breeze through my hair.  I especially treasure this well-loved reviewer's sense about who this book might work best for:

Recommended for: fans of literary fiction, spectacular young adult literature, history, tragedy, deliverance, and descriptions so well rendered that they seem tinged with the magical. 

4 comments:

KFP said...

descriptions so well rendered that they seem tinged with the magical.

Well put. I absolutely agree.

Cecelia said...

Thank you for coming over and having a look at my review. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read the book, and that you were blessed by my review in turn. I hope many others discover the beauty of Dangerous Neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Key words: spectacular and magical. Wonderful!

Becca said...

Tinged with the magical indeed...as is everything you write!

What a perfect description.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP