Hunger

Monday, November 8, 2010

I haven't traveled nearly as much as I long to lately, but my life journeys me down so many roads.  So that yesterday afternoon, in the still, a friend arrived and here we sat talking, among other things, about her passion (proven, honest) for being part of hunger's cure.  We talked numbers, and we talked families.  We talked about what local farmers can do and already are doing to help bring nutrition, and not just empty calories, to North Philadelphians in need.

"We need new ways to tell our story," she said, and all through the night I dreamed.

3 comments:

Holly said...

oh-so lovely photo.

Jini Loos said...

Beth, we're doing a year-long hunger awareness program at Haverford this year. It culminates with an Empty Bowls Supper to raise funds for Hunger Organizations in our region ~ not just Philadelphia, but also for our neighborhoods. Hunger is LOCAL ~ it's just not as visable here! We're inviting Alfred Lubrano to speak with our students in January. He wrote that amazing feature on Hunger in Philadelphia a few weeks ago in the Inquirer. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know more about it.

Anonymous said...

Do your dreams lead to another book? Beautiful photo. The shapes remind me of Rothko.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP