Dora Explorer Never Loses Her Head

Friday, January 14, 2011

We went to a Dora Explorer birthday party a week or so ago, and we had ourselves a brilliant time (so, as you can see, did this cat).  But part-way through the festivities, this version (we had many versions) of Dora lost her head.  It could have been calamitous, save for the ministrations of a certain man (my husband) who self-designated himself as Mr. Arts and Crafts.

I could use a little glue myself these days, running about as I am, losing my pace and face.  The trick, I think, is to find a cave of silence every day. Something like the near sleep of yesterday.  Somewhere in which my own thoughts can be tested, drawn out, heard.

2 comments:

Holly said...

a cave of silence! yes, that is exactly what one needs. a dim, cool, still place.

Beth F said...

Agreed. Silence: That's what the early morning is all about.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP