A Book Complete

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Yesterday this was a book in need of a thorough editing, and of eight missing pages.  Today it is a book complete, a novel for adults, a story that has ached through me and commanded attention, despite (as always) all else.  I didn't second guess the book's shape this time.  I didn't find gaps or a trail of inconsistencies.  I didn't want to rewrite, when I studied it close.  I wanted it to be.

I am in a chase now, behind all manner of other deadlines.  I will take a walk and then go about the fair and proper business of reckoning with all standing obligations.

Thank you, all, for putting up with me while I fought to bring this story to the page. I am always painfully aware of my own absence.

8 comments:

Bidisha said...

Congrats on the completion of your novel. No mean feat. You keep on astounding me.

Anna Lefler said...

Hot damn! I didn't know you'd finished it!!

I don't know how you do it. Honestly.

But bask in it, baby! I'm so happy for you.

XO

A.

Rhonda Rae Baker said...

This wonderful...can't wait to read it!!!

Sarah Allen said...

Thats incredible! Great, great work, best of luck to you!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Vivian Mahoney said...

Wow! Congrats, Beth! You are simply amazing.

Beth F said...

Breath a sigh of relief and then back into the fray! Congrats!

Okie said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations. That's awesome news. Way to go. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Beth! Way to go!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP