Take a look at the Pumpple Cake

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Wait," I said to my husband.  "It's the Pumpple Cake!"

"The what?"

"The Pumpple!  You know — pumpkin pie baked inside chocolate cake, apple pie baked inside vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream frosting."  I was pointing by this time to a place just beyond the glass at the Reading Terminal Market, where lovely ladies in green Flying Monkey tee-shirts were slicing their world-famous cake-o-vention for an eager lunch-time crowd.  I'd read about the cake.  I'd heard it had been featured on Rachel Ray.  But I'd never seen it, and the baker must have noted my awe (and my raspberry camera) for she (without complaining of my cake-arazzi status) offered this photographic moment unto me.

I offer it, then, unto you.

10 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I would have said "The what?" too.

Beth F said...

OMG I can't believe you can really buy this! I too would have had camera out. Did you see this post from Dawn (She Is Too Fond of Books)?:

http://www.sheistoofondofbooks.com/2010/11/13/weekend-cooking-gluttony-101-the-cherpumple/

I think I'll let my Pumpple Cake experiences be visual.

Elizabeth Mosier said...

You really have to see this to believe it. Thanks for photographing and posting, Beth!

Melissa Sarno said...

This is officially blowing my mind.

Anonymous said...

How does it taste?

Priya said...

That looks delicious! I've never heard of a Pumpple cake before.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly H-Y said...

No way!!! What a great shot!

Beth Kephart said...

To all of you (and to Lillian, who asked).

I did not try a piece of this cake. I am not a cake person — or not so much a cake person. I love a good cookie and I can't walk away from a chocolate bar.

The1stdaughter said...

I immediately thought of Dawn's post like Beth did. Her's is hilarious! I can't even imagine being able to purchase it...too much! LOL

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP