worth celebrating

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's been hot in this house (a mild understatement) and I haven't been sleeping long hours (ditto). But I've had horses and children to keep me company by day and this brand new book project to keep me curious and calm in the middle of the night. I had a notion. I pushed it. I am digging in deep with the historic record. A nugget grows.

I'm not writing a book yet (or, I should say, I've written but 3,000 words).  I'm letting that book linger. Making calls to historians, checking the records on Library of Congress databases, reading old newspapers online, thanks to my friends at Radnor Memorial Library (thanks, Pam Sedor). Festering isn't always a good thing, but in this case I think it is. I have moved away from the land of vague ennui and unnerving uncertainty to be fully engaged once more.

Every time I learn this lesson, it feels brand new: I can't live fully without being inside a project. It just doesn't work for me.

3 comments:

Kelly H-Y said...

So true. I can't wait to hear more about this new project!

Beth F said...

I love your photographs from this week. From horses to the heat!

septembermom said...

That nugget will grow to something great, I'm sure. Exciting developments, Beth.

Thanks so much for your friendship and support. It means so much to me!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP