Piccadilly, Buckingham Palace, and the Dancing Musicians of Covent Gardens: 45 seconds, stolen

Tuesday, June 21, 2011





London bracketed our trip to Berlin, but my experience of the city was fleeting. Mostly we were there to see our magnificent son, now studying abroad. We walked, we sat, we ate, we walked some more.  Past Buckingham, into Westminster, through Piccadilly at night, just after rain.  We had our one extravagant, truly delicious meal at Gaucho, thanks to the spot-on recommendation of a friend.  We were driven across the Tower Bridge shortly after one a.m., a moment I don't imagine I'll forget.

In the midst of it all, we wandered through Covent Gardens, in London's west end, and I snatched this interlude just because.  Have you ever seen a violinist dance, with the violin in hand?  Watch for a few moments, and you will.

2 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

I love Covent Garden and now I love dancing violinists. I bet you those crazy step-dancing Riverdance people do that too...maybe?

Unknown said...

How fun! Your trip sounds amazing and the pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to hear more about it. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP