In which I finally get my hummingbird shot

Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's not perfect. I wish it were sharper. National Geographic wouldn't be impressed.

But all summer long I've been trying to capture one of these dear little creatures on film.  I have let the tulip vine grow messy with the hope of a seduction.  I have not brought the glads inside for the same reason.

Hummingbirds are easy, my friend Mike once said.  But hummingbirds have eluded me. I have waited years.

I have a family now.  This one's mate was just a white glad down.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We adore hummingbirds and love to watch them. Capturing them with a camera is no easy feat!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Just to get the whole bird in one shot is an accomplishment! I find I'll catch just a wing or a tail.

Beth F said...

Wow -- impressive! I never manage to capture one on my camera.

Nise' said...

Great shot. I keep trying, but have not captured a good picture yet.

septembermom said...

Congrats!! Very nice shot :)

Sarah Laurence said...

Nice hummingbird shots. I find them impossible to capture. If you want inspiration, check out Carol’s hummingbird photos at Flower Hill Farm: http://flowerhillfarm.blogspot.com/2011/05/gardening-for-wildlife-new-blog-and-new.html

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP