I am a total and complete Doofus

Thursday, September 15, 2011

as most anyone who knows me will attest.

Case in point:  It took me most of the morning to figure out how to get my NetGalley download of Bonnie Nadzum's debut novel Lamb (Other Press), which I am so looking forward to reading, into my little iPad 2. 

Confession:  I didn't end up figuring it out.  I called for my husband.  He arrived, in his white knight uniform.

It's a very good thing that I know how to handle a broom, run the laundry machine, fix an occasionally okay meal, and take stealthy swipes at the dust that falls, falls, falls.  

Otherwise, and seriously now:  I'm useless.

5 comments:

Sarah Laurence said...

It’s not necessarily your fault. Every digital galley I’ve received was incompatible with my Kindle. They are usually formatted for PDF readers that only editors use. In the future I hope that book publicists will come up with one click downloads that will work on all formats or have a range of options for different e-readers. You are lucky to have a techno-savvy husband.

Melissa Sarno said...

Don't be so hard on yourself :) Doofus and useless are two of the last words I would use to describe you!

patti.mallett_pp said...

I totally agree with Melissa (above). But am glad your White Knight showed up to rescue you!!!

Unknown said...

My husband once shared a research paper with me about how families share knowledge. Each person becomes an "expert" on some area, even the children. So your husband becomes the tech person and you take on the role of household and language expert, for example. Perhaps your son is the history expert or the car expert. We subtly divide up the duties so that, as a whole, the family thrives. So you are not a doofus, you just have a highly intelligent family. At least, that's how I like to look at it when I can't remember how to turn the Wii on and have to ask my husband. :)

p.s. Double thumbs up for the title and accompanying photo. The tiger-person is an adorable doofus.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP