The (lovely) Publishers Weekly review of You Are My Only

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Kephart (Dangerous Neighbors) writes a
psychologically taut novel, juxtaposing
the thoughts of Sophie, a teen kidnapped
during her infancy, and her grieving
birthmother, Emmy, who is institutionalized
after a breakdown....  Succinct, emotionally packed chapters
capture similarities between mother and
daughter, the depth of their despair, their
common desire to be free, and their poetic
vision of the world. As Sophie begins to
find clues about her captor’s secret past,
readers will be on the edge of their seats
waiting for the inevitable, liberating moment
that will change the course of the
lives of both mother and daughter." Ages
12–up. (Oct.) — Publishers Weekly

15 comments:

Amy @ My Friend Amy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I like to see. I can talk till I'm blue in the face about how great the book is but I know it will never have the same impact as these reviews.

Congrats Beth!

Becca said...

That's what I'm talkin' about :)

Beth Kephart said...

Miss Amy, don't you for a SECOND dismiss the power of your intelligence, or the ramifications of your kindness.

Not.For.A.Second.

Melissa Sarno said...

Stellar! Yet another thing that deserves ice cream and Malbec celebrations. I'm getting quite chubby this week ;)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!! This is a good day!!!!

Al Filreis said...

Doesn't really get much better!

Wendy said...

Ha! Awesome - and, I am not surprised that print reviewers are finding exactly what bloggers have discovered about your delightful gem of a book :)

Anna Lefler said...

Fantastic - congratulations!!!

XO

Anna

Unknown said...

Congrats! It's so great to see the book is making its way out in the world. :)

Richard Gilbert said...

Lovely indeed, and rare to get such a rave from PW. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Excellent!

Serena said...

I have a marching band here, playing a tune for you! WONDERFUL. Now I really can't wait for my copy to arrive via mail!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP