Kidnapping in YA: The Live Chat

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A few weeks ago, Alison Weiss of Egmont USA wrote with an idea.  Why not conduct a live chat with readers?  Why not, indeed, find a time when both Kristina McBride (The Tension of Opposites) and I could sit down for an hour for a moderated conversation conducted within the Cover It Live forum?

The question was asked.  A program was born.  An evening was chosen.

Please join Kristina, Alison, and me for a conversation about what happens when you choose to build a story within the frame of a kidnapping.  Did real-world headlines precipitate the story?  Are we obliged, as storytellers, to work the sensationalistic angles?  How much room can we make for language and heart and hope in a story that has such darkness at its start?

I'm really looking forward to the conversation, and I am very hopeful that you will find the time to join us.  The facts and link below:

Kidnapping in YA:  A Chat with Beth Kephart and Kristina McBride
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
7:30 PM EDT
Chat with us at this link

2 comments:

Serena said...

I was so excited about this one...I cannot wait!

patti.mallett_pp said...

Planning on jammies and hot tea when I drop in for this chat. Better get scooting...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP