Emmy's Christmas Eve

Saturday, December 17, 2011

In You Are My Only, Emmy and Autumn spend Christmas Eve together in a hospital, Emmy reading aloud from a borrowed book.  This was one of my favorite scenes to write, and when the future of this book was in doubt, when it seemed possible that it wouldn't be any book at all, I would return to this scene and write it again and imagine that Emmy and Autumn were worth fighting for. 

This morning, Bonnie Jacobs writes to say that The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader has chosen to excerpt this scene on her blog. Peace, I think.

Without further anything, then, Emmy and Autumn at Christmas:  here.

5 comments:

Marg said...

Thanks so much for linking to my post. The words were indeed beautiful, both when I read them, and then when I revisited them for my post.

Amy said...

I also loved this scene! And yay Marg! And also yay you!

Unknown said...

Rereading your words is an early Christmas present! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that scene too and congratulations!

Serena said...

that's one of my favorite scenes in the book.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP