when, exactly, did you become an adult?

Friday, January 20, 2012

Adulthood.  It sneaks up on you and then, in a flash, it not only is, but it persists.  There is no going back. 

Or is there?

Can books turn back the tides of time?

This morning I received a note regarding a post entitled:  11 Books to Celebrate on Coming-of-Age Day.  The classics are here, along with a few modern titles.  Since I've read and loved many of these books, I share the list with you.

What would you add to the list, if you could? 

4 comments:

Serena said...

So many of my favorites are already on the list...I would like to add Sounder, Tom Sawyer, Catcher in the Rye, The outsiders, Secret Garden, yearling, and my favorite Kephart Undercover.

Sarah Allen said...

Great list! I've read most of the classics on it, but not the modern ones. I should fix that. I would add something by John Green, like Looking For Alaska. Such a great book.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Becca said...

My personal coming-of-age book? Camilla, by Madeleine L'Engle. It was the story of a 15 year old girl - an only child like me- whose parents were getting divorced. I read it over and over. It was one of the first books I read from the Adult section of the library.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I laughed when I read your title, knowing I'd look up what I wrote on that very subject a few years ago. I found what I had written and posted it a few minutes ago, just for you. I also linked back here, so you may get a few extra readers dropping by. Here's what I wrote:

http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/when-exactly-did-you-become-adult.html

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP