quince, the Grammys, the artists of Chanticleer

Sunday, February 12, 2012

For an exhibit of the extraordinary furniture and furnishings made by the gardeners of Chanticleer, Jonathan, a gardener I have always loved, forced, among other things, quince.  So that it bloomed today among the many admirers at the Wayne Art Center.  It bloomed, a centerpiece in a room of art among people who love growing things.

Leave it to Jonathan to make one of my favorite flowers come to life on the coldest day thus far of this year. 

I have been working since 3 this morning (not the whole day, but most of it) —and still I am egregiously behind.  I will take my tax-year receipts to another room now so that I can watch Adele sing and remember Whitney and fall head over heels (one more time) with the one and only Bruce.

1 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

I can't believe you posted this picture because after my meltdown at the florist (that I may have mentioned to you 1 or 100 times, sorry), I told the woman I don't know anything and I like trees, can she find something that resembles a tree? She said, how about quince blossoms? Sold.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP