Undercover in Chinese (a nice gift at my door this late afternoon)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Today at Penn we taught each other something about second-person memoir, distance, intimacy, essential remove, and compassion.  B bought us cookies because I, having run long during a lunch-hour interview, was flat out of time.  B is just like that.  We love our B.

At home I found a package tossed up against the door.  It was heavy and, I discovered, pink.  The Chinese translation of Undercover.  I like having a pink jacket all my own.  I like the float of flowers.

I like this.

(A post-dinner post script.  According to this Publishing Perspectives story, Shanghai 99 Readers' Cultare Co. is a rather large entity in China, having published 200 titles in 2008, 65% of which were translations of authors such as Philip Roth, Paul Auster, Stephen King, and Dan Brown.  Its web site serves as one of China's largest online bookstores, and its book club is the only nationwide book club in the country, or at least was at the time this article was published.)

I like this even more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you. OMG, isn't that thrillig?

Amy said...

That is so awesome, Beth!

bermudaonion said...

Very exciting and beautiful!

Serena said...

Congrats! Wonderful news....lets keep it coming.

Unknown said...

Ohhh, that's so fun! It's wonderful that your books are being published in so many foreign formats. And Undercover, which will always be my favorite, just because it was my first BK book. :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP