the dolphins found me

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm not precisely sure why, but it mattered to me that while I was here, away from the real world, writing (though truth be told, my clients found me), I would receive visitations from dolphins.  I have looked up from the balcony, waiting. I have walked the beach, searching.  I have scanned the moonlit sea at 4 AM, this antique laptop humming.

This morning, in the pink of dawn, the dolphins found me.  The sun had just come up, barely.  I'd been at writing work since three.  They were far out there, a herd of them, quiet as could be.  I watched them slice the pinking sea with their fins, let them be.  I waited until they were gone, then returned, in dolphin peace, to Berlin.

6 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Of course they found you. Hello dolphins!

patti.mallett_pp said...

You are the hardest working writer I know. May you be richly blessed by your time away from (most of) the crowd. Thanks for the example, though the footprints you leave are Huge!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that brings back pre-kid memories of sitting on the rocks in PEI looking out on the ocean at the sea creatures.

Sarah Anne said...

That sounds absolutely magical. What a gift.

Serena said...

Dolphins...love them. You are so hard working, please take a piece of chocolate, close your eyes...revel in it

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP