Susan reads You Are My Only

Monday, April 2, 2012

Every now and then a reader returns to you your own story.  She reads with that rare passion.  She honors your relationship your characters.  She doesn't judge; she understands.  She stays up late because you have, and because you will again.

That has happened here, and I am deeply moved.  At Two Heads Together Susan writes of her response to You Are My Only, a quiet and yet still controversial book that will always mean the world to me.

Her words mean the world.

She writes, in part, this.  The rest can be found here.
I read the stories of Sophie and Emmy, one beautiful word at a time, savoring the words and images evoked by the poetry Beth Kephart brings to us.  Eager to turn the page but yet reluctant to let it go, I read on into the night knowing I needed sleep.  How can I turn out the light when Emmy and Sophie yearn for what they can’t have?  How can I leave them when they are trapped and alone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beth. Write on the world is waiting.

Serena said...

Exactly how I feel every time I read your books.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree wholeheartedly!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP