the view from here (the word is magic)

Friday, April 13, 2012

We looked for birds and found this pond.  We hurried to the bay at sunset.  I stood on the balcony on the cusp of dawn, looking for dolphins and blues.

In the mornings I write Berlin for Tamra.  It comes slow, but it comes.  Perhaps I don't want to say goodbye to these characters.  Perhaps I am dwelling longer than I should.  I am in the homestretch now, but I won't rush it.  I can't.  You don't hurry your way toward story.

In the meantime, I am blessed by a certain Jessica Shoffel of Philomel, who is doing so much to ease the path of Small Damages into the world, and getting remarkable results.  I am blessed, too, by my agent Amy Rennert.  She knows why.

The word, this week, is magic.



Melissa Sarno said...

Magic! This makes me so happy for you. If you see the dolphins will you show me? Danke.

Lilian Nattel said...

I'm so glad for you. What a beautiful place for beautiful words.

Serena said...

Magic is a great word for every day. Wonderful photos as usual. Speak to those characters for me today.

Amy said...

These pictures are so beautiful and I'm so glad you are having a great week and not rushing the story.

Mandy King said...

I love those photos. And I love to think of you there, taking time with your writing and your characters.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by 2008

Back to TOP