the view from here (the word is magic)

Friday, April 13, 2012



We looked for birds and found this pond.  We hurried to the bay at sunset.  I stood on the balcony on the cusp of dawn, looking for dolphins and blues.

In the mornings I write Berlin for Tamra.  It comes slow, but it comes.  Perhaps I don't want to say goodbye to these characters.  Perhaps I am dwelling longer than I should.  I am in the homestretch now, but I won't rush it.  I can't.  You don't hurry your way toward story.

In the meantime, I am blessed by a certain Jessica Shoffel of Philomel, who is doing so much to ease the path of Small Damages into the world, and getting remarkable results.  I am blessed, too, by my agent Amy Rennert.  She knows why.

The word, this week, is magic.

  


5 comments:

Melissa Sarno said...

Magic! This makes me so happy for you. If you see the dolphins will you show me? Danke.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you. What a beautiful place for beautiful words.

Serena said...

Magic is a great word for every day. Wonderful photos as usual. Speak to those characters for me today.

Amy said...

These pictures are so beautiful and I'm so glad you are having a great week and not rushing the story.

Unknown said...

I love those photos. And I love to think of you there, taking time with your writing and your characters.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP