Publishing Perspectives Conference: the day that was

Thursday, May 31, 2012


If I am too exhausted to state with any inch of eloquence how grateful I am for today—for being included in a well-run, truly substantive, inviting conference, for sitting on a panel among greats, for meeting, at long last, the delightful Jenny Brown, for spying on Roger Sutton's socks, for a chance to hurry through a loved city's streets, for an excuse to visit the extraordinarily wonderful Tamra Tuller, Michael Green, Jessica Shoffel, and Jill Santopolo, for the opportunity to meet the funny and fun and winning Lauren Marino—if I am too exhausted, might I at least share these two images of a conference I won't forget?

Thank you, Ed Nawotka and Dennis Abrams of Publishing Perspectives for making this day what it was.  For making me a part of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I attended the conference today (hence, the stop at your delightful site tonight!), and just wanted to thank you for your care for words.

Your thoughts on using words, because you were not born a visual artist, were freeing.

What a charming morning!

Thank you!

Jess Ferro said...

Hi Beth!

It was so great to meet you in person at the Conference on Thursday!! I agree it was an incredible day, and I was inspired by so many people that I haven't stopped thinking about it yet; I literally talked to my dad about the conference during our entire 1 and a half hour drive back home from the airport. I completely related to your love of research in the writing process especially since that is one of the things that is most exciting for me about creative writing (I've been working on a story for a long time and I've slowly been doing research for it, it involves gypsies, Eastern European music, and World War II...)

So thank you for speaking with me and I hope that in the near future we may meet again and I look forward to continuing to follow your blog and reading your books. Best of luck with everything!

~Jess

Jess Ferro said...

p.s. I love your photo of Roger Sutton's wonderful socks! :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP