Preparing Dr. Radway's Sarsaparilla Resolvent for Publication

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Less than a year from now, Dr. Radway's Sarsaparilla Resolvent, the 1871 prequel to Dangerous Neighbors, will make its way into the world.  This is William's story; this is his world, Bush Hill.  Look for more here on the particulars in a few weeks.

But before any book can go out into the world, it has to be a book we love.  It had been a while since I'd read the "final" book through, and as I did (a few days ago) I felt uneasy.  Work needed to be done.  I wanted to do it.  And so, today, my travels finally done, I am at work on the story—rebuilding its opening pages to heighten tension and momentum, deepening a character I named Career, and revisiting my notes on Eastern State Penitentiary, where much of the story takes place.

This is a photo of the room about which I write, taken a year or so ago.

2 comments:

Doug Gordon said...

Your photo makes the cell look much more compelling than in reality -- as your book will do too, I'm sure.

Serena said...

ooo....this intrigues me...

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP