Small Damages: The New York Journal of Books Review

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This late afternoon I extend my deep gratitude to Renee Fountain, for her thoughtful review of Small Damages in the New York Journal of Books.

I am honored to be in those pages.  I am grateful to Renee for her understanding of Kenzie and of Kenzie's love for her unborn baby.  Perhaps, as I told a friend not long ago, I was aching to write about maternal love when Kenzie stepped into my life.  Perhaps I miss those early mothering years.  It means so much when a reader makes room for the emotions I had as I wrote.

The review is sub-titled with the words below.  The whole can be found here

“Realistic . . . rendered in a quiet prose that speaks volumes.”

Thank you, Jess Shoffel, for letting me know.   

5 comments:

KFP said...

Newhouse, huh? ( ;

Got my SIGNED copy at Chester County Book & Music Company the other day. Saving it for when I have a good block of time (soon, I hope)— I have a feeling I won't want to stop reading. . .

Serena said...

Wonderful...I'm really enjoying the book so far

Renee C. Fountain said...

Thank you, Beth, but the pleasure was all mine. The book was so beautifully done, the review practically wrote itself. I'm looking forward to your next book.

Best, Renee C. Fountain

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, getting the attention your work deserves!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP