Bruce Springsteen dancing with his mom, and I'm going to see this man, rain or shine, tonight.

Monday, September 3, 2012


True, I have been monitoring the Philadelphia weather forecast for the past two weeks.  Also true:  Every single report has promised some kind of rain for tonight, perhaps even thundershowers.

Heck, I don't care.

I'm going to see Bruce.  Lifelong dream (to be fair, since age 18, starting on my third day as a Penn freshman, which, at my age, seems like a lifetime), and water will not thwart it.

LEVEL:  Field
SECTION: N
ROW: 7
SEAT: 1

I will be there.  Looking like a dork in a plastic poncho, if I have to.  But there, alive, Bruce before me.

Today, I prepare.  Listening to all his albums (I own each one) through.  Again. Olympic-style, dancing and crooning.

It's hard work, but somebody has to do it. 

2 comments:

patti.mallett_pp said...

HAHAHAHAHA- I LOVE THIS AND YOU, for so many reasons, but mostly because you Take In Life, in large gulps- and then you fling it back out into the world (where we get to share it with you)!! Unselfishly.

Serena said...

Have a great time. You're enthusiasm reminds me of the dream I had for a long while of seeing Tool in concert for the first time...listening to all of their albums and lyrics closely...completely different from Bruce, but I love the inventiveness of their music and lyrics just the same.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP